According to the provisions of art. 5 paragraph (3) of the Government Emergency Ordinance no. 102/2005 republished, with subsequent amendments and completions, the entry visa for foreigners, family members of the citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area EEA) and the Swiss Confederation (CH) shall be processed, upon request, without payment of consular fees, as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure.
Foreign nationals who need specialized assistance can reach out to our Romanian lawyers before they enter the country.
Table of Contents
Scheduling for the visa application for the family member of an EU / EEA / CH citizen is not imperative, these applications are accepted as soon as possible, and can be submitted to the diplomatic missions / consular offices of Romania, directly during business hours. program with the public.
When applying for entry visas in Romania, foreigners, family members of EU / EEA / CH citizens, must present:
- standard application (the short-stay visa application form can be downloaded from the MFA website or is available upon request from our lawyers in Romania);
- valid passport;
- the passport, or identity card of the EU / EEA / CH citizen, in original and in photocopy, and, if the EU / SE / CH citizen is already in Romania, a copy of the passport or identity document, as well as a copy the document certifying the residence on the Romanian territory of the EU / EEA / CH citizen, certified according to the original by the General Inspectorate for Immigration within the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- documents proving the relationship.
The alien, a family member of an EU / EEA / CH citizen is represented by:
- husband or wife;
- direct descendants, regardless of nationality, who have not reached the age of 21 or who are dependent on the EU / EEA / CH citizen, as well as those of the spouse;
- direct ascendants, regardless of nationality, who are dependent on the EU / EEA / CH citizen, as well as those of the spouse.
It will be taken into account that in the application form for entry visa in Romania, the fields marked with an asterisk (*) are not mandatory for foreign family members of EU / EEA / CH citizens.
By exception from the provisions of art. 5 paragraph (3) of the Government Emergency Ordinance no. 102/2005 republished, with subsequent amendments and completions, the alien, family member of an EU / EEA / CH citizen may be exempted from the obligation to obtain a visa to enter Romania, if it meets, cumulatively, the following conditions:
- accompanies an EU / EEA / CH citizen in Romania, or joins an EU / EEA / CH citizen exercising his / her right of residence on the Romanian territory;
- holds a valid document attesting the residence on the territory of another Member State as a family member of the EU / EEA / CH citizen he accompanies or joins on the territory of Romania.
Contact our law firm in Romaia for complete information regarding immigration as well as details on entering the country according to nationality.